Sale of Girl Skateboard Company
• The Girl Skateboard Company was founded in 1993 by professional skateboarders in Torrance, CA.
• All brands now owned by Girl are specialty retail products distributed to the core skateboard market.
• While the Company was not actively looking for an investor, the shareholders were aware of Altamont’s emerging relevancy in the skateboard category.
• As the Company grew organically and through the acquisition of Lakai Footwear, the potential for a partnership became increasingly important.
• Altamont, an active investor in enthusiast sports categories, will provide support and guidance on infrastructure building so the Company’s resources can be refocused on the creative design process and related marketing efforts.