- As a Managing Director at HT Capital Advisors, LLC Mr. Slackman, who joined the Firm in 2008, spends part of his time working on special projects and advisory assignments primarily in the banking sector.
- Prior to joining our Firm, Mr. Slackmanspent over 40 years in the banking industry in New York City. In his most recent full-time position as President of Commerce Bank, he established and managed the Bank’s operations in the New York City market where he grew Commerce’s position from a de novo beginning to over $8 billion in assets and 50 branches in eight years. Mr. Slackmanretired from Commerce Bank when the bank was acquired by TD Bank Group.
- Mr.Slackmanbegan his career in the banking industry in 1970 working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in various positions including foreign banking, bank examinations, and Reserve Bank operations. He also served in senior positions at The Dime Savings Bank of New York, and Atlantic Bank of New York, where as Executive Vice President, he oversaw retail, marketing and small business lending, and served on ALCO and the Credit Committee.
- In addition to his role at HT Capital, Mr. Slackmanalso serves on the public company board of AstaFunding Inc. (ASFI) in addition to serving as chairman of the NYC advisory board of Sterling National Bank. In May 2015, he also assumed the role of President & CEO of the New York League of Independent Bankers, an industry trade association. He is on the board of the Central Park Medical Unit; is a member of the NYPD Honor Legion, and is a member of the Friars Club and is a founder of the Police Athletic League Business Luncheon series. Mr. Slackmanserved in the US Army during the Vietnam era, serving in the XVIII Airborne Corps Artillery.
- Mr.Slackmanholds a BA and MA degree in economics, and has studied at the University of Michigan in management and corporate finance.